What to expect and details while in Country??
Where: Kisumu, Kenya
Dates: June 2021
Cost: $3,200.00 per person
(Includes flight, visa, travel insurance and all in country expenses)
- $200 NON-Refundable deposit is due the time of application.
Each month a MINIMUM of $200 payment will be made and ALL final payments are DUE: April 15 2021
What: While we are in country we partner with Manna Ministry in Kisumu Village. Manna Ministry is ran by our friend and director Maurice Odhiambo. While we are there we will have the opportunity to spend time playing with and loving on the children at Manna Academy. There will be interaction and visits to local widows and orphans in their homes. We will spend time with our Tailoring school as well as the Computer lab we also financially support each month.
- - A valid passport with at least 6 months between June 9th and expiration date of your passport. Passports cost around $150 and can take a couple months to come in. *Please check online for all the paperwork that you will need for your passport.
- - You will need to be current on your vaccines. This cost is in addition to the trip budget and can be anywhere from $300-$400, depending on your past record. (examples: TDAP, Hep A&B, typhoid, and yellow fever) Malaria pills are advised to be taking while we are in country.
- Kisumu is located on the Southwest side of Kenya, on the coast of Lake Victoria.
- Kenya’s time zone is eight hours ahead of Nashville.
- We will be staying at the Manna Mission Home
- Attire is casual, women should wear knee length or longer skirts or dresses during certain events. Men no shorts for church service.
- Breakfast and Dinners will be eating at the Manna House
*We have LIMITED spots available for this trip. We will be prayerfully building our team and positions will be filled after all applications have been assessed and prayed over. A waiting list will be started in the event that someone withdraws from the trip. If you do withdraw from the trip your funds paid in are non-refundable and will be used toward projects for the trip.
*We will lead one team fundraiser and all money raised will be divided among team members, with who chose to participate. Please feel free to do as many fundraisers as YOU would like to coordinate and plan. We encourage everyone to write a support letter. This is a great way to gain prayer support as well as financial backing.
*We will have a kick off Fun day to begin our team building. Then we will meet weekly to game plan, walk through a study as well as team build/get to know each other. (*we will not be meeting during holiday weeks, schedule will be provided) This small group time is valuable to become prepared for our trip and to build team chemistry. These meetings are mandatory for all team members.
Leader Contact info: